City of greater Dandenong is gearing up again for AIII’s Annual Diwali celebrations. For the celebrations, Springvale is set to become a little India on Sunday October 19, 2014 .
The Australian Indian Innovations Inc (AIII) will host its 13th successive Diwali fair at Sandown Racecourse. Widely known as the “festival of lights”, Diwali, heralds the end of the Indian harvest season, amongst other religious significances.
The AIII will replicate this most anticipated of all Indian festivals with a day-long event. Over the past 12 years, this fair has been attended by almost 170,000 people of all ethnic origins.
Among the many delights and showcases on offer at Sandown, there will be mouth-watering and exotic Indian food and drinks, ice-cream vans, clothing stalls, jewellery stalls, tattoo artists, children rides and a four hour non-stop programme on stage to showcase all aspects of Bollywood and Indian Culture.
The other added attractions this year will be the launch of ‘Sabrini’ brand of Indian food products by renowned Indian Chef Harpal Singh in Australia. Harpal Singh will present two live cooking segments on stage.
The other attraction will be the ‘Western Union Talent Show’ with live stage performances from enthusiastic ‘Melbourne Idols’. Prospective applicants can send in their expression of interest via email to email@example.com
Expected VIP invitees at this year’s function include the Premier of Victoria, the state opposition leader, Dandenong councillors, Indian Consul General in Melbourne, Immigration officials, VMC representatives and State and federal government ministers.
The event will conclude with a grand fireworks display at around 8.30 PM.
Full event details are available on the AIII website – www.aiii.org.au
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM