$6 billion will be invested in regional infrastructure as part of the NSW Government’s $20 billion plan for Rebuilding NSW.
The Government has accepted all recommendations for regional NSW outlined in Infrastructure NSW’s updated State Infrastructure Strategy.
The recommendations include:
- $3.7 billionfor regional roads and bridges;
- $1 billion for water security projects;
- $400 millionfor country rail;
- $300 millionto accelerate regional health projects;
- $300 millionfor regional school renewals; and
- $300 millionfor regional tourism and environment projects.
NSW Premier Mike Baird said the Government plan to ‘turbocharge’ the State through a range of vital regional infrastructure developments.
“More than half of the regional funding allocated under Rebuilding NSW has been reserved for ambitious road projects because we recognise the importance of building and upgrading country roads to sustain growth in local communities”, Mr Baird said.
He added, “This is an exciting plan for regional NSW. For the first time we have a clear plan for NSW, and more importantly, we have a clear plan to pay for it”.
Deputy Premier Troy Grant said Rebuilding NSW represents a once-in-a-generation opportunity to accelerate capital investment in regional areas that need it most.
“By reserving $3.7 billion of Rebuilding NSW funds for road projects, we will support local workforces and the movement of high productivity vehicles,” Mr Grant said.
“These investments will secure the future of regional NSW. Regional communities were widely consulted in developing Rebuilding NSW and I thank them for their encouragement to adopt a broad range of infrastructure”.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM