Significant investment in road infrastructure in and around Sydney Airport set to improve traffic congestion and boost NSW economy.
The investment is jointly funded by the NSW Government and Sydney Airport. It will finance a package of ground transport solutions including the WestConnex Enabling Works, which are expected to ease road traffic congestion by providing direct access to and from the new motorway from the airport and port precincts.
The WestConnex Enabling Works will include:
- Widening Joyce Drive and General Holmes Drive between O’Riordan Street and Mill Pond Road to three lanes in each direction.
- Widening Marsh Street (fully State funded).
- Replacing the rail level crossing at General Holmes Drive with a road underpass that links General Holmes Drive, Botany Road and Wentworth Avenue.
These works are also set to support the future growth of Sydney Airport, boosting the potential growth of the NSW economy.
Sydney Airport Chief Executive Officer Kerrie Mather said the key priority is to improve the passenger and airport user experience, with more than 150,000 travelling to and from the airport every day.
“With 74 million passengers a year forecast by 2033, we’re building the road and public transport capacity now to support continued tourism and travel growth”, Ms Mather said.
“We’ve listened to our passengers and are working to make it easier to travel to the airport, whether by car or public transport”.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM